Sunday 9 November 2014

Pitta Bread Individual Pizza with Parma Ham, Black Olives and Ricotta Cheese

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of cooking. For that reason I have always been into quick and simple dinners. I have lately also tried to make them ‘healthy (or rather –ier)’.

I am not really sure how I came up with this ‘healthy’ alternative to pizza but it tastes great and I make it on a regular basis.
All you need is:

LOVE!

… kidding…

*pitta bread (I use brown)
*tomato passata
*tomato puree
*Italian herb mix
*parma ham or prosciutto (your choice dependent on preference)
*black olives
*ricotta cheese
*salad mix (I like baby spinach & watercress)


Sauce:

Mix equal parts of passata and tomato puree in a pan. Add a pinch of Italian herb mix and cook for couple of minutes. Apologies but I don’t measure things! It depends on how many pizzas you want to make. I find that half a tube of puree and half a box of passata is enough for about 6 pizzas. Don’t go overboard with the herbs, add a bit and if you feel it’s not enough add a bit more. They are quite aromatic so you’ll find you won't need much.


Pizzas:

Spread the sauce straight on the pitta bread. Place parma ham on top, sprinkle with black olives (slice them up beforehand). Add blobs of ricotta and put in the preheated (180
° - 200°) oven for 10 minutes.
Take them out and put the salad on top.

Voila! Simple, easy, quick and it’s a healthier alternative to a regular greasy pizza.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...