Monday 14 May 2012

ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer Review

I’ve had this primer for quite some time now but it’s been sitting in my draw unused. I did use it few times just after I’ve purchased it but sadly it broke me out. I am certain this was definitely reason of my breakout because as soon as I stopped using it my skin cleared.

Last week I’ve decided to give it another go. Our skin changes all the time and sometimes it’s worth to try the same product again after a while if it didn’t work the first time.

So here are my thoughts on it:


What it claims to do: Developed to combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines to result in a natural and youthful looking radiance. This clear multipurpose skin primer prepares the skin so makeup goes on evenly for a lasting finish.

Formula: Clear, silky liquid on a thicker side.

How to use it: Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application. Use a small amount and blend evenly over the face for a smooth and flawless base.

My experience: Like I mentioned before this primer broke me out the first few times I’ve used it. I came back to using it after few months and I haven’t noticed any breakouts. I’ve been using it every morning for the past week. I am not sure why but some days this primer works great and some days it doesn’t do anything. I am guessing this is due to the conditions I am at (office, outdoors, home etc). I think this being a primer it should work in any situation. After a work day, my makeup does look little bit better and there are no patches of built up melted foundation. But I feel that fair bit of the product disappeared as it normally does.

 Price: £6.00

Where to buy: http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

Final score:
4/10 Overall I’d say it helps foundation to stay on a little bit longer and it makes the process of disappearing makeup a bit better looking. But shine on my T-zone comes through after about 2 hours which is how it normally does. It might just not work with my skin but to me using it is kinda pointless.

Hope this was helpful! Have any of you tried this product?


Sylwia x

5 comments:

  1. I've never tried this but i've heard some bad things about it. I love ELF products but I don't think I will be trying this one especially since I have oily skin! Great review btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad this came handy. I really like ELF even thou some things are crap lol But I don't mind for the price :) xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this but I have wanted to try some other ELF products.

    This was very helpful.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some ELF products are brilliant! You actually gave me an idea for a post! I should do my ELF hits and misses! :) I am glad review was helpful xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...