Tuesday 8 February 2011

Packing light

Does something called ‘light packing’ exist in a girl’s dictionary? It certainly doesn’t in mine, but some situations force me to think, about what products I really need and will actually use on my trip.
I recently went with my friend on a 4 day trip to Dublin, Ireland. To save some £’s we decided to take one suitcase and share it between us. Plus it’s only four days so we will easily fit in it, right? Wrong! It turned out it is a struggle to fit everything in and still keep it within 15kg weight restriction.
I decided that no matter what, I have to fit all o
f my toiletries and make up in one wash bag (quite a small one in fact).
Here are some ideas on how to save some space and kg’s if you are in a similar situation.
These are the products I took with me:


*Olay daily facials Sensitive skin – very convenient! They will remove make up from your entire face (even eyes). I personally didn’t have any irritation problems.
*Clarins toning lotion – I’ve put mine in a spray dispe
nser as it saves a lot of product and off course that precious space in the suitcase. Also it’s gentle enough to remove traces of make up from around eye area.
*La Roche Posay Rosaliac moisturiser – small bottle, can be used as a day or night cream, perfect for cold, win
dy Irish weather.


*Mini products: Elnett hair spray, Sensodyne tooth paste (both purchased at Tesco’s), The Body Shop body lotion (part of a gift set), BioSilk f
or nice smooth hair (ebay).

*Clinique superfit make up Foundation – small, plastic convenient bottle
*Mac select cover up – perfect for under the eyes a
nd spot coverage
*ELF contouring blush & bronzing powder – blusher goes with any look and bronzer doubles up as a contour powder.
I didn’t take any powder as I don’t really use it in the winter time. Indoor heating and outdoor cold/wind already does the “great” job at drying out my skin.


*Clinique high impact mascara.
*Sephora waterproof liner – this liner is very soft so easy to smudge. For that effortless and fast definition of the eye
*Boots eyeshadow in Star Anise.
*Clinique eyeshadow trio in 04 totally neutral.

*Urban Decay primer potion – mini size. I believe this came with one of the Urban Decay pallets.
*Blistex intensive moisturizer – lip balm is a must!

*17 Mirror Shine lipstick in Beehive – lovely shiny formula that doubles up as a lip gloss.

*EcoTools brush set – Perfect for travelling. These brushes are awesome and deserve separate review.

So this is it my lovely beauty addicts! I hope this was helpful for those who love short trips but can’t live without mascara (and many other products)!
Have you got any ideas on how to pack light but still take all of the “essentials”?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...